Mammoth Talk

I saw this television program listed on Netflix awhile ago and always passed over it when looking for something to watch. I think I kept skipping over it because I thought it would be a bit raunchy and for a young audience, it isn't. A few days ago when looking for something to watch I decided to give the program a chance. Skins is indeed raunchy but it is well written and filmed. I have been surprised by this program in a very good way. We have watched four episodes so far and each one of them has had a decent plot. I think it was the second episode that dealt with one of the female characters having anorexia and the story wasn't told in a jokingly manner. Each episode seems to have a serious issue for the story line that the young characters need to deal with and I'm hooked. We'll be watching another episode tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that this program turns into a huge disappointment with the third season which uses a whole cast of new characters, excluding Kaya Scodelario who plays Effy Stonem. I think we'll save this show for when we have nothing else to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we kept watching the show and it ended up not being as bad as I thought it would. We finished watching season 4 last night. So far it's been a cast of characters for two seasons while they are in college and once they finish college you get a new cast, season 5 will have a bunch of new people with new stories to tell. This really is a good show and I'm surprised more people don't know about it.