Mammoth Talk
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

The Coronavirus

From the BBC News website:

Coronavirus: Trump orders 'time-wasting' General Motors to make ventilators

US President Donald Trump has ordered General Motors to make ventilators for coronavirus patients after attacking the car giant's chief executive.

He invoked the Korean War-era Defense Production Act, which allows a president to force companies to make products for national defence.

Mr Trump said that "GM was wasting time" and action was needed to save American lives. 

The US now has 104,000 cases of the virus, the most in the world.

With nearly 1,700 fatalities, America's Covid-19 death toll still lags far behind Italy and China.

Read more here https://www.bbc.com/news/52071611

We bailed out General Motors a few years ago when they were on the verge of collapsing, they owe this to us and a whole lot more. I'll never buy anything made by GM.

And fuck China too! They are back in business while the rest of the world is still suffering. I won't buy anything made in China again unless I have no other option.

Coronavirus cradle Wuhan partly reopens after lockdown

The city in China where the coronavirus pandemic began, Wuhan, has partially re-opened after more than two months of isolation. 

Crowds of passengers were pictured arriving at Wuhan train station on Saturday.

People are being allowed to enter but not leave, according to reports.

Wuhan, the capital of Hubei province, saw more than 50,000 coronavirus cases. At least 3,000 people in Hubei died from the disease.

But numbers have fallen dramatically, according to China's figures. The state on Saturday reported 54 new cases emerging the previous day - which it said were all imported. 

As it battles to control cases coming from abroad, China has announced a temporary ban on all foreign visitors, even if they have visas or residence permits. It is also limiting Chinese and foreign airlines to one flight per week, and flights must not be more than 75% full.

Read more here: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-52075022

What a vile and disgusting woman. Thank God this POS isn't our president.

Posted (edited)

Thing is though. While it's expected that USA would overtake other countries like Italy, UK and Spain with number of cases - simply because the USA is massive compared to those 3 countries. The USA is also testing more people per day than any other country in the world. So their stats for infected people will rise much faster anyway than any other nation because of that. I bet 50% of the UK is infected now with the virus - but our stats don't show that because we've hardly been testing that many really. Not like we should have doing!

Edited by Gaz

Well without a doubt there are a lot of people walking around who have the virus and don't know that they do. That's why it's so important that everyone stays at home. I'm surprised that the UK doesn't have plenty of tests available.

Cuomo responds to Trump on NY quarantine

Governor Cuomo is asked during his briefing about President Trump's suggestion that he may enforce a quarantine on New York and surrounding states.

"I didn't speak to him about any quarantine," says Mr Cuomo, adding that he was late to today's briefing because he had been speaking on the phone to Mr Trump.

"I haven't had those conversations. I don't even know what that means."

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

Cuomo responds to Trump on NY quarantine

Governor Cuomo is asked during his briefing about President Trump's suggestion that he may enforce a quarantine on New York and surrounding states.

"I didn't speak to him about any quarantine," says Mr Cuomo, adding that he was late to today's briefing because he had been speaking on the phone to Mr Trump.

"I haven't had those conversations. I don't even know what that means."

It should have happened a long time ago. Our politicians drag their feet on doing anything and the virus keeps spreading.

Shit beer but their heart is in the right place.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Ticking time bomb is India

I’ve seen that ticking time bomb coming for awhile. I hate to say it but India is a shit hole and any virus will spread quickly there.

LOL, I’m surprised that last guy didn’t fall down the stairs. I wonder how much noise those drones make?

On 3/28/2020 at 11:45 AM, Paul said:

And fuck China too! They are back in business while the rest of the world is still suffering.

I'm thinking that will make Trump even more keen to see businesses start up again fast as possible, seeing China is back  up and running.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Paul said:

Read Sky News. Your Gov is saying that NY only has days of equipment left before you run out.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-new-york-governor-andrew-cuomo-warns-state-has-six-days-of-ventilators-left-11967646

Looks like he's scrabbling around trying to get extra ventilators from anywhere now before you run out of them and can't keep new people coming in needing a ventilator alive.

Edited by Gaz

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Read Sky News. Your Gov is saying that NY only has days of equipment left before you run out.

Before New York City runs out. He shouldn't be able to come to my area and take what we have. It's the same as if the mayor of London took all of Wigan's medical supplies because the virus hadn't infected too many people in Wigan yet, it's going to happen sooner or later and Wigan will need those supplies when it does.

I know what you mean. But it's a double-edged sword. Should he leave those ventilators in another area in NY where you live not being used and let people die that need one right now in another area of NY.

That's the problem.

Really it's up to Trump to sort this mess out and get more ventilators to different states!

The virus came from animals in a wet market. We’ll keep getting these deadly viruses as long as China allows the markets to stay open.