Mammoth Talk
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

BASH.zone changing ownership

I normally won't post anything from a hidden shoutbox/forum but I'll make an exception in this case, it's not like this would remain a secret for very long.

SneakyDave: Anybody interested if taking over the bash.zone? message me if you are. I've grown disinterested in forums. Not looking for money. Just somebody that wants to keep it going. No restrictions. License isn't transferable though.

It will be interesting to see who steps up to take over the forum.

Posted (edited)

Lol, is he getting worried that everyone knows he owns and runs the forum. Who's betting some "unknown person" suddenly becomes new owner.

Just who in their right mind would take over that forum?

Edited by Gaz
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Paul said:

It will be interesting to see who steps up to take over the forum.

Well it's not just one forum is it, he runs SneakyDave.com forum also. So if he's grown disinterested in forums now, won't he be closing down that forum as well.

I've grown disinterested in forums

Edited by Gaz
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Just who in their right mind would take over that forum?

Not me. I wouldn't run it the same way and everyone would bitch about it.

I forgot about sneakydave.com. It hasn't had any activity in quite some time, October of last year.

Posted (edited)

Well if he's being serious, but hard to believe he is for one second.

Why not just close it then. Nobody will take over running of it. There's only those on Bash that would consider it, I don't see that any of them would do it.

Edited by Gaz
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

I'll tell you something now Paul. A few other people I know are now aware of his forum and been reading it. One has been posting comments going by the name Hulk.

I know who that person is, it's not Ozzy. It's somebody I know, but I ain't saying who.

Edited by Gaz
  • Confused 1

The "Hulk" guy hasn't posted there in awhile.

Dave probably wants someone to take over so he can keep posting there whenever he feels like it. If Sheldon takes over it will be completely gone within a few months. Sandyman won't do it. AWS might but I have the feeling it would be gone in a few months too.

Posted (edited)

Sheldon won't take over it. He doesn't even post anything on the forums for ages. He isn't stupid and avoids doing it. AWS and Tracy Perry are not really the type to be interested in running a  BASHING forum like that. There is nobody who would be interested in keeping it going, except maybe Mark.B. Seeing as has he's kept his own dead Scrotnig forum going doing same thing.

Edited by Gaz
  • Haha 1

Hm, if @Scrotnig took it over he would probably keep it up but I really don't see him wanting either. 

I think it's the beginning of the end for BASH no matter what happens going forward. Dave doesn't want it anymore and no one else is going to put as much effort into it as he did.

David should just close it and talk proper. Like I say, I know a few people now checking his forum out all the time.

Sad, but it's happened and I've been told by them. We've had words about it.

• Confused 1

One of them people is my daughter Paul. She's not posted on the BASH but has been reading everything. Others have been as well.

• Confused 1

Both my sites have been pointed back to namecheap now. Just so you know.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Both my sites have been pointed back to namecheap now. Just so you know.

Thanks but it wasn't necessary to stop the redirects on my account, lol. You've got no plans for either domain?

Posted (edited)

No, I'm done now with running a forum, or any kind of sites. I post on other sites like BBC News, active sites with replies to join in.

Noticed Mark post on BBC News as well. 😀

Edited by Gaz
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Hm, if @Scrotnig took it over he would probably keep it up but I really don't see him wanting either. 

I think it's the beginning of the end for BASH no matter what happens going forward. Dave doesn't want it anymore and no one else is going to put as much effort into it as he did.

I literally would not have the time. I can't fit in everything I do even now.

Hopefully Dave is just having a bad day and may change his mind.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Scrotnig said:

Hopefully Dave is just having a bad day and may change his mind.

Hopefully he won't change his mind and come to his senses.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

If I'm honest, I find it hard to believe SneadyDave even said that. Just not like him at all.

Care to post a screenshot of that chat message with time he posted it included.

Edited by Gaz

1940585643_ScreenShot2020-03-08at8_03_40PM.png.a30b67873c6c37023770e8466b2347a4.png

I believe him. The only activity there is in the shoutbox and it isn't much. 

Oh well, see what he ends up doing with it then. But if some unknown person ends up taking over the site.

I would not buy into that for one second. I can't see that anyone would be stupid or crazy enough to take over the running of that shit hole and have things then look as though they're responsible for everything posted on the site... because they now run it and not him. I don't think anyone is that dumb.

There haven't been any takers yet. Sheldon kind of hinted that Dave should just close it down.

I thought Sheldon might have been one person who would like to see it stay open, just so he has somewhere to post and talk to David and you all. Surprised he's hinted at him closing it.

Sheldon hardly visits the site anymore and when he does he doesn’t say much.

On 3/9/2020 at 6:28 AM, Paul said:

Sheldon hardly visits the site anymore and when he does he doesn’t say much.

60 hour works weeks, coaching, etc... 

I hate the thought of being a babysitter. Everyone has turned too PC. 

Too many people cry over anything. 

On 3/8/2020 at 1:29 PM, Gaz said:

Lol, is he getting worried that everyone knows he owns and runs the forum.

No, it's been up for a while, pretty certain those that care who owns it, know. That isn't any issue. 

On 3/8/2020 at 2:51 PM, Gaz said:

I'll tell you something now Paul. A few other people I know are now aware of his forum and been reading it. One has been posting comments going by the name Hulk.

I know who that person is, it's not Ozzy. It's somebody I know, but I ain't saying who.

That really doesn't change anything. Who cares who posts there? Who cares what names they use.

On 3/8/2020 at 3:18 PM, Paul said:

Dave probably wants someone to take over so he can keep posting there whenever he feels like it. If Sheldon takes over it will be completely gone within a few months.

Why?  I'd simply remove some addons, upgrade to new XF, pay for hosting, let it roll.  I'm not interested in the day to day running of it.  

On 3/9/2020 at 5:30 AM, Paul said:

There haven't been any takers yet. Sheldon kind of hinted that Dave should just close it down.

Sheldon simply stated that there is always a point when something changes. Time to do other things. I've slowly gotten off of forums, and honestly, there isn't much missed.  I can check here, XF, Bash, Taz, come back a month later, still same things.  

Forums (not necessarily only these listed, in general) are DEAD.  Sure, you have those that last, but they are a thing of the past.