Mammoth Talk
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Windows 10 forced upgrade problems

My wife and one of my coworkers were forced recently to upgrade their work computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and both of them have been having problems with the OS ever since. Just over a year ago a Windows 10 update was responsible for my PC needing to be reformatted and it just about pushed me over the edge, I had plenty of problems with the forced updates before then. Thankfully my angel of a wife bought a Mac for my birthday that year and it's been smooth sailing ever since for me, my wife is having problems with her home laptop and a Windows 10 update as I type this and I'll have to buy her a Mac soon.

How is Microsoft getting away with pushing the pile of shit they call "Windows 10" on everyone? 

Posted (edited)

I have a new laptop as well as the PC now. The laptop I've bought has Windows 10 on it, but not used it much so far.

Had no problems with it though downloading all the updates and installing them on the laptop

Edited by Gaz

@Gaz do you have the home or pro version of Windows 10? From what I understand, the pro version doesn’t force the updates.

Not sure, not took that much notice to be honest. But think it's the Pro version installed on it.

I have the laptop setup to auto-download any updates. Which I don't do with the PC back on Windows 7 again.

Stay on Windows 7 as long as you can, it was the last good version of Windows.

Yeah, I know. That's why I've gone back to it on the PC